News and Information
One way the county of Los Angeles communicates with us is through an annually mailed publication called Hacienda Heights Connection. Also, the county (through the Deputy Office) maintains the electronic sign located in the middle of Hacienda Blvd.- slightly south of Halliburton Road. County materials are made available at the Hacienda Heights Improvement Association (HHIA) meetings (see below), and at free seasonal community events like evening concerts at our local parks. And Finally through the U.S. mail system.
The HHIA receives communications from its monthly meetings- distinguished guests (including Sheriff, Highway Patrol, and County Deputy), its own board members, community members, its website, and through its PO Box. The HHIA is responsible for communicating with us by periodic mailings (HHIA "members" only), and by maintaining a website and community bulletin board.
There are also a variety of "News" websites that provide news from varying perspectives:
- CBS Channel 2 KCAL 9
- Breaking News (now shut down. here for historic sake)
- Highlander | Crime Blog
- Los Angeles Times- Crime
- Richard Irwin's View from the Heights (from May 2008 to present)
- SGVT-'Hacienda Heights'
- Community of Hacienda Heights (Facebook)
- Don Knabe's Week in Review (subscribe!)
- Mesa Robles PTO- Parent / Teacher Organization (Facebook)
- The San Gabriel Valley (Facebook)
Note: A-Z listing